Posted on February 4, 2017
Comments Off on Elephant and Castle Town Centre and LCC Campus (ref: 16/AP/4458)
Latin Elephant submitted an objection to the planning application for Elephant and Castle Town Centre and LCC Campus (ref: 16/AP/4458) based on the following points:
- We are worried that the existing proposal for the Elephant and Castle Town Centre:
- Does not provide any affordable commercial units
- Does not set a clear relocation strategy for retailers directly affected by the development.
- Does not make any concessions to the diverse character of the area as a migrant and ethnic business centre.
- Does not assess wider implications on the local economy
- The Equalities Impact Assessment to assess impact of the development for existing BAME traders in the EC is missing.
- Lack of clarity over the development of the railway arches
- Timing and consultation process for the application
You can read our full submission here. This response is based on the following consultation:
- The report ‘The case for London’s Latin Quarter: Retention, Growth, Sustainability’.
- The report ‘Relocation Alternatives for EC Traders’ (when drafting a relocation strategy for existing traders).
- Documentary London’s Latin Quarter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRC2cyhpzAM
- My Latin Elephant Photography Dossier – http://latinelephant.org/my-latin-elephant-exhibition-dossier/
- Being Latin in Elephant Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtC-IFlZKjM